Thursday, November 20, 2008

Long time, no write!

Hey all,

I realized today that it's been a month since we last updated the blog. Wish I could write more exciting things, but not a whole lot has changed here! Let's see....the end of October brought my birthday and a fun day with Bill. We engaged in one of my favorite activities, shopping, and then off to dinner at Ruth's Chris. The restaurant is downtown, right on the river, and we had a delicious dinner while enjoying the view of the boats and downtown lit up at night.

Halloween came and went with 97 trick or treaters! We ran out of candy and had to shut off the lights. Bill stated that we should have bought more, but I thought that with 600 houses in our neighborhood, the kids wouldn't be lacking just because we ran out. It looked like a block party with crowds in the street and the hayride that went by (we still have no idea where this hayride comes from every year....this year it was pulled by a very unsafe-looking 4-wheeler). For some reason, the big hit with the toddler crowd was the river rocks in the plant beds....they were more interested in putting those in their buckets than the candy. Gonna need another truck load delivered.

Not sure how it got to be November 20th so soon.....the month is racing by at a breakneck speed. Tomorrow night we are volunteering at a work event for my company to help raise funds for our programs. The clinic has a silent auction every year and this year should be our biggest yet (she says with fingers-crossed!). The money goes towards our autism and Down syndrome programs, with a portion directly paying my salary, so I figured I should go help these people spend their money! :) It really is a nice evening and a good way to thank all of the donors in person. If you have a minute, you can check out our website at: www.hope-haven.org and see what we're all about. I run the program called "Applied Behavior Analysis".

Looking forward to having a day off next week for the holiday! I know that Bill is too. One of us is ALWAYS sick for Thanksgiving (we've got quite the record), so start placing your bets now who it will be this year! And then, as always, my favorite holiday of the year....Black Friday. I have a new strategy this year....here's to hoping that it works.

I know that I'm the only one of the planet counting, but 20 days from today is my last class! Papers, presentations, projects, and finals in between now and then, but I think I have enough energy left to crawl across the finish line (I hope). Graduation is the 12th followed by 3 weeks of sleeping!

Can't wait to see everyone next month!

P.S. Frost on the rooftops and windshields here this week! Gettin' chilly!
P.P.S. Ask Bill about his new "purchase"....

No comments: