So ends another hot week in Florida.....with more hot to come. With it brings some wicked showers in the afternoon that we aren't used to seeing lately. If you are afraid of thunder and/or lightning, move to Florida......you'll be forced into accepting it (or die of a nervous breakdown I guess)!
So my dish washer and laundry folder has returned from his business trip which makes me very happy! The cats aren't very good at conversation, but they do listen to me as I yell at the computer for crashing repeatedly. So I was glad to see Bill! We saw "Hancock" and were disappointed. We finally escape the house and were treated to two hours of a very slow moving story that wasn't very entertaining. Bill got sick off of all the candy he ate and I had stale nachos, so we weren't happy campers.
The lawn guy said that in order to fix the dead spots in our lawn (how did it get this bad??!!) we have to fill in the areas with a mixture of sand and manure. I doubted his story....it's the most insane thing I've ever heard. Turns out he knows what he's talking about; I checked out this info with other "floridians" and they said they do this too. So Bill brought back a car full of sand and manure in bags to put out today. He's insane. It's literally 95 degrees outside and he's out at the hottest part of the day spreading this stuff. He's not nearly close to being done as we have way more holes than we thought. This only helps my case for moving into a condo. If that were me I would have dropped dead from the heat.....Bill comes back in tanned....Needless to say I'm not going in the yard any time soon.
I'm in charge of weeding and trimming the trees and bushes. Doesn't sound like much, but when you live here in the amazon, things grow like crazy! I was outside for 2 1/2 hrs Sat. just weeding....it had been two weeks since the previous outing and the weeds were winning. My little trimmer ran out of juice half way through trimming the bushes, so only half of them are neat again.....looks crazy, but it'll have to do until next week. It's always nice to be outside weeding while you watch the neighborhood actually enjoy their Saturday.....joggers, boaters, even dogs are out playing!
On a different note, if you're so inclined, please say a prayer for my grandma. She had to be admitted to the hospital last night. They are trying to control things through medication so that she won't have to have surgery because it would be an extremely risky operation. So the next few days are important. It's times like these that it truly stinks to live so far away.
I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.......see you next week?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Amy,
I hear you about the heat even though it's probably not nearly as hot up here. I always knew there was a reason I didn't want a lawn. Good luck with repairing it. It sounds like a lot of fun. Hope your grandmother is doing better.
shannon
How do you find the time, Amy. I feel exhausted just thinging about your school schedule. Then you go for a trip?
I was not surprised that Bill went to see the new Batman movie, nor that he liked it. The last movie I saw was when Bill bought Transformers and he and I watched it together when we were at your house last fall.
Post a Comment