
Can you believe how fast the summer is flying by? Or is it just me b/c I've had my head stuck in a book all summer? Either way, I can't believe August is here already! Not that it means the cooler weather will be here any time soon....
My dad was here this weekend and just went home today. We drove EVERYWHERE around north Florida and were able to take in some beach time. Saturday took us to St. Augustine; we toured some new construction neighborhoods and ate at Bill Murray's "Caddy Shack" restaurant....yummy! It's in the World Golf Village and we also explored the official PGA store...it's 2 floors of nothing but golf stuff, including a putting green. Needless to say, I'm keeping my day job. It was in this store that I discovered that golf is an expensive sport.
Sunday was a perfect day for the beach. We got there early which was good b/c about 12:30 it got really hot. After a picnic lunch, we changed and headed out for the boys to look at cars (Bill needs a new car, so we're in the "researching" stage.....call it what you want, but I hate the whole process). Later on we went to a Japanese Steakhouse for dinner.....we sat at the grill where they cook right in front of you and put on a little show. This may be my new favorite restaurant!! The food was absolutely delicious and we had enough left over for lunch the next day, plus a little extra. Can't wait to take new visitors!!
We also went to this place near our house called the "Catty Shack Ranch". It's a big cat wildlife rescue and we went to a night feeding of their tigers, lions, jaguars, etc. It was SO cool! It's only 2.5 mi from the house.....I mapquested it b/c one night I heard roaring outside....wonder what it's like to live next door. They are always looking for volunteers to help out....I'm thinking about it once school is done.
Another trip to the beach, some more car shopping, and then just like that, Dad had to leave. It always goes to fast when people come to visit. Not sure when we'll have more visitors, but the guest room is ready!
On a final note, school ended last Friday and not a minute too soon. I'm pretty sure at some point last week I lost my mind, but I'm hoping that during this 3 week break I will find it again. It felt weird not having to do homework this weekend and I said to Bill that I didn't know what to do with myself! Tonight I'm going to "veg" before going back to work tomorrow.....and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.
My dad was here this weekend and just went home today. We drove EVERYWHERE around north Florida and were able to take in some beach time. Saturday took us to St. Augustine; we toured some new construction neighborhoods and ate at Bill Murray's "Caddy Shack" restaurant....yummy! It's in the World Golf Village and we also explored the official PGA store...it's 2 floors of nothing but golf stuff, including a putting green. Needless to say, I'm keeping my day job. It was in this store that I discovered that golf is an expensive sport.
Sunday was a perfect day for the beach. We got there early which was good b/c about 12:30 it got really hot. After a picnic lunch, we changed and headed out for the boys to look at cars (Bill needs a new car, so we're in the "researching" stage.....call it what you want, but I hate the whole process). Later on we went to a Japanese Steakhouse for dinner.....we sat at the grill where they cook right in front of you and put on a little show. This may be my new favorite restaurant!! The food was absolutely delicious and we had enough left over for lunch the next day, plus a little extra. Can't wait to take new visitors!!
We also went to this place near our house called the "Catty Shack Ranch". It's a big cat wildlife rescue and we went to a night feeding of their tigers, lions, jaguars, etc. It was SO cool! It's only 2.5 mi from the house.....I mapquested it b/c one night I heard roaring outside....wonder what it's like to live next door. They are always looking for volunteers to help out....I'm thinking about it once school is done.
Another trip to the beach, some more car shopping, and then just like that, Dad had to leave. It always goes to fast when people come to visit. Not sure when we'll have more visitors, but the guest room is ready!
On a final note, school ended last Friday and not a minute too soon. I'm pretty sure at some point last week I lost my mind, but I'm hoping that during this 3 week break I will find it again. It felt weird not having to do homework this weekend and I said to Bill that I didn't know what to do with myself! Tonight I'm going to "veg" before going back to work tomorrow.....and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

1 comment:
Sounds like the three of you had a fun weekend. Just what you needed (and deserved) after your academic schedule. I don't know how you did it. What you accomplished in just one summer session took me at least two full semesters when I was in night school. And I was only taking undergraduate courses!
Also, just so you know, tigers are my all time, number one, most favorite animal in the whole world.
Post a Comment